Monday, September 17, 2007

War and Money


"The chain reaction of evil - hate begetting hate, wars producing wars - must be broken, or we shall be plunged into darkness of annihilation."- Martin Luther King JR
I was shocked to find out the Australia spends 55 million dollars a day on it's military efforts in the world. It's not that I hate the military it's just that there are so many things more worthy of the investment... housing, food, efforts towards peace... it actually makes me think of the things I spend my own money on. Is it ok for me to spend a hundred dollars on an ipod when people are starving to death? I've been reading The Intercessor a biography of Rees Howell - he had a principle he lived on for his whole life about meeting every need with the money he had... if he saw someone in immediate need - he met it with all he had... then the Lord constantly provided for what he needed. Simple but profound. I know a kid who'se a lot like that - fully open handed. It's cool. I'm a Rees Howell wannabe. Peace out.

No comments: