Sunday, March 9, 2008

kangaroos and sun...


The Australian summer is full of many things. 
yesterday, we went to the beach and stopped by the RAW camp (where dozens of kangaroos - wild ones - were gathered). I haven't seen a kangaroo in the wild before so it was a great occassion (hattip to TA for making the trip!). While we were watching them a joey (although very big) was trying to get into his mother's pouch. We were thinking about how hard it would be to hop around everywhere with a joey that size in your pouch. And it made me think about the many times we all hop into our own spiritual pouches and make someone else do the work... I'm not sure if it's a bad thing really - perhaps, God is alot like a mama kangaroo - always ready to give us a ride when we need one... or maybe we are tempted to use other people or systems or programs to hide in for forward progress... 

just got me thinking... I'm wanting to hop in the right direction and at some serious speed...

No comments: