Monday, September 15, 2008

फाके?


Faking It: The Female Image in Young Women's Magazines is a magazine-style research paper published by independent women’s think tank Women’s Forum Australia.

In a glossy, dynamic, magazine style layout, Faking It explores issues around the objectification of women and girls in the media and popular culture, with a focus on women’s magazines.

Faking It helps young people recognise and critically assess messages in advertising and pop culture which tell them they have to be ‘thin’, ‘hot’, and ‘sexy’ to be acceptable.

Read more - I'm sick and tired of the messages that girls/women are only valuable or significant if they look a certain way... I'm wanting to see a generation released who are confident in their character, gifts and skills - not their 'surface - level' attraction... let's dig deeper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Danielle,

I just bought this and it is excellent. Thanks so much for letting me know about it! I highly recommend it!