Monday, December 15, 2008

Finishing


It was a repeated theme for me yesterday as I reflected on my own talk of earlier races at Order 614 graduation... and the spiritual learning curve over the last decade of my life: anyone can start - but who will finish? The real work is often done in the last 10k not the first. Perseverance is a rare quality of our current culture... but it is a pearl if you can find it. So, as I finished the last leg of my triathlon in one of Melbournes stormiest sundays I reminded myself of the value of finishing... I dug deep - 'soldiered up' and finished the race. It felt good. here's praying that hebrews 12 is something we don't just read but live:
Since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses let us press on to finish the race. consider Jesus, who for the joy set before him, endured the cross, scourning it's shame and SAT DOWN at the right hand of God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was an awesome message you gave at the Order 614 graduation. Such an encouragement to them to continue on this journey that they have started this year.

May God bless you, and them as they fight the good fight.